Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nerf Stampede and Vulcan RoF Battery mod!

  Ever since the release of the Nerf Vulcan I wanted to increase it's ROF (rate of fire) from the stock 3 per sec to 5-7 dart per sec. I tried two 7.5 (15.0 volts) volt RC batteries and used 12 AA batteries for a total of 18.0 volts. But that only made the Vulcan's RoF a little better, after wasting money on batteries I put it off for awhile. After the release of the Stampede ECS I saw some pretty cool battery mods online and wanted to try them out for myself so I did some searching online..


After finding the batteries I wanted, I put in a order for what I thought where AA size 3.7v batteries for my 6v battery case. The batteries I got where to big, I had recheck the ebay ad and notice that I over looked the listed measurements.


After sitting on it for a min I took some time to figure out how I was going to make this work..


After 15-20 mins I came up with an idea, I took two over powered Maverick spring that I had, some aluminum foil, and then I was able to fit the batteries within the Stampede and Vulcan's battery tray. After fitting the batteries I finally got the ROF I was looking for, I am very happy with the imported batteries as they where only $15 USD. I'm buying a charger ($10 ebay) for them and will be order more soon..




3.7 volt AA Batteries on ebay
http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/Batteries-Chargers-/48446/i.html?_nkw=TrustF...

Battery Chargers for TrustFire brand
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=TrustFire+Chargers&_sacat=0&_odkw=Tr...


Modding springs & parts
http://shop.ebay.com/nerfsprings/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

2 comments:

  1. Those batteries are AA size, the Duracell battery and battery holder you have hold AAA size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Recondition Your Old Batteries back to 100% of their working condition" .
    https://zbatteryreconditioning.weebly.com/
    - Car batteries
    - Computer and phone batteries
    - Rechargeable batteries
    - Long life batteries
    - Batteries used in alternative energy systems
    - Deep cycle marine batteries
    - Golf cart batteries
    - Forklift batteries
    - And many other kinds of common batteries!

    ReplyDelete